Clean An Air Hockey Table in 5 Steps
If you have purchased the top rated air hockey table and you want to keep it in top playing condition, but you’re not sure how to clean it – this article will help. However before we go into the how, lets start with the why…
There are a number of reasons why should you learn how to clean an air hockey table properly.
- 1.A dusty table causes drag, which mean the puck does not glide quickly or properly. This will result in a slow game which is a lot less fun.
- 2.A dirty surface can block the air holes which will also stop the puck from gliding correctly and can cause dead spots where the puck stops.
- 3.A playing surface with bits on it will cause the puck to bump , jump and on occasions fly off the table. For those of you who play air hockey regularly, you know this is a game killer if it continuously happens.
- 4.Bits on the table will not only cause the puck to jump, but it can also chip the playing surface which will be a big problem if you want a continuous gliding surface.
These are just 4 reasons why a dirty surface will cause issues when playing air hockey – I am sure there are many others.
How to Clean an Air Hockey Table?
There are number of ways to clean the air hockey playing surface. Below are a few ideas and steps to take.
- 1.Always have the fan before commencing cleaning so as not to block the air holes when wiping a table.
- 2.Use a vacuum hose to clean the surface of any dusts and bits. I do not let the hose actually touch the surface but I expect if you are not too heavy handed touching the surface will be ok.
- 3.Use a cloth to wipe the surface. Do not clean the sides as a bit of dust helps with bank shots.
- 4.This is where opinions can differ. Some people just use a damp cloth and then dry the surface afterwards with a dry cloth. Other people will use an alcohol based liquid to wipe the table. Many people will use a common furniture polish to finish the clean. Just make sure there is nothing abrasive that will damage the surface. We would recommend an alcohol based product or a damp cloth.
- 5.Clean the air holes with a small drill bit, tooth pick or other small item. keep the fan on and lift the dust / dirt out of the air hole.
There you have it – 5 quick tips on how to clean an air hockey table yourself.